Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Grab Your Balls Gentlemen, It's Time For a Breakup

I thought that men might be better at breaking up as they got older, but those hopes were recently dashed.

Men seem to have a way of just "checking out". They move on, stop talking to you and Start blocking  you from social media and even from their phone. They say "Its not you, it's me" or " I'm not ready for a relationship" or "I just need my space".  Then low and behold, they start to date!  So much for needing space and not being ready.

They say they don't want to hurt you, but what they don't understand is that when they start dating again, we always wonder why we weren't good enough.  More times than not, I find myself to be the girl right before the RIGHT girl comes along. Why is that?

It would be so much easier if men just came clean, told us what we did wrong and did it face to face instead of a text, email, Facebook message or heaven forbid, a tweet!  Gentlemen, grow some balls, tell it like it is and don't leave us wondering what we could have done to save it.

I am strong enough in my SELF to handle the fact that you don't like certain things about me or that we just aren't a good match.  I am also smart enough to know when I'm being pacified by a generic break up line. Do not patronize me.  I gave you my all and I deserve better.

Ladies, it's going to hurt, no matter what...but wouldn't it be nice, for once, to know what REALLY went wrong rather than come to our own, often misguided solutions?

I always say, a sharp knife hurts less than a dull one.

No comments:

Post a Comment